There has not been much research done on pregnancy and CBD, but studies done with CBD show that it does assist with some of the many uncomfortable symptoms of pregnancy.
The following symptoms can be made easier with CBD, and are proven to have zero side effects.
- Backache/ Chronic Pain – Scientific Studies concluded CBD was effective in overall pain management without adverse side effects
- Vomiting – CBD can assist the body by activating the neurotransmitter known as hydroxytryptamine. This is the neurotransmitter that assists the body in slowing down the expulsion reflexes which decreases the vomiting and nausea.
- Post-Par-tum Depression – A common symptom of pregnancy is post-par-tum depression and anxiety, CBD induces rapid-acting antidepressant – like effects and also helps reduce anxiety.
- Premature Contractions – According to “The Journal Of Reproduction and Fertility”, CBD, as well as THC can reduce uterine contractions.
- Morning Sickness – The 1st trimester of a pregnancy is normally accompanied by morning sickness. Preliminary findings show that CBD activates 5-HT1A. This is the mono-amine neurotransmitter, also known as serotonin. When the neurotransmitter is activated , it results in decreasing nausea sensations. Researchers not that CBD reduces nausea and vomiting considerably.
- Finally briefly after giving birth, cannabinoid CB1 receptor activation appears to play an essential role in the initiation of suckling, which is necessary for successful postnatal development and growth.